Professional and notable members of the community who we rely on for their areas of expertise.
Our international advisory committee is comprised of experienced individuals who support the board of directors and are available to give them guidance and advice as needed. The advisors make recommendations and provide information and materials to the board of directors, as needed.
Typically, advisors are professional and notable members of the community who we rely on for their areas of expertise to fill in the gaps of the our board of directors in one or more areas of activity, including:
- Philanthropy: donating, networking, advising and fundraising.
- Honorary: people with notoriety who can attract attention to the organization’s mission.
- Professional: former governing members and community leaders who offer advice and consultation.
- Engagement: communication or ambassadors for the mission.
- Advocacy: public policy or institutional collaboration.
- Advising: organizational planning
Members of the committee are invited by the Board of Directors for a term of one year and do not have Board voting rights. They may or may not be general members of the Association.